SPRINGTIME AWAKENING RETREAT (23-25 March 2018)
- March 23 – 25, 2018
- 42 Acres, Frome, Somerset, UK
As we emerge from the long dark English winter into the vibrancy of spring, help wake up and revitalise your body and mind with our Springtime Awakening Yoga Retreat. Our weekend retreat will be held at the luxurious 42 Acres venue in Somerset. As with all Suzanne Cork retreats, this weekend will incorporate a fully holistic approach to your personal wellbeing as we pay attention to all aspects of your:
- BODY – Be nourished with delicious healthy food and moved with both dynamic and restorative yoga sessions.
- MIND – Quieten and focus your busy whirling thoughts and worries with mindfulness and guided meditations.
- SPIRIT – Feel uplifted as you immerse yourself in our beautiful inspiring surroundings and connect with other like-minded women.
Spring represents an awakening of the senses and an opportunity to shed layers as you emerge from hibernation during the colder months. We can embrace a sense of renewal as we let go of these old layers and begin to bloom and blossom with the first rays of spring sunshine.
42 Acres is an incredibly special places nestled in 42 acres of private land in the rolling hills of Somerset. Just two hours by train from London, you will feel completely transported when you arrive at this magical space encircled by ancient forest.
Originally built as a dairy farm in the 1800s, it has been transformed into the most stunning venue to hold retreats.
No stone has been left unturned to create a truly beautiful and supportive environment in which to dive deep.
Despite its luxurious feel, the founders have taken a conscious approach in its creation, with harmony and sustainability at the forefront of all that they do. Reclaimed materials have been used to outfit the interiors of the property and all the power is renewable and self generated through biomass and solar.
There is enough space to lose yourself, and little creative touches to lift the heart, such as the library set in a private nook and filled with inspiring books reclaimed writing tables graced with little pots of flowers and set in private nooks.
For more information and images visit the 42 Acres website.
Accommodation options range from dormitories to twins and single rooms (ensuite options available) with luxury Egyptian cotton linen, fluffy towels and Boschendal Farm natural and organic toiletries all provided.
As a nutritional therapist – food that makes you feel energised and amazing is a big and important focus on this retreat. But – as a passionate foodie – food that tastes delicious is also an absolute imperative.
Meals are cooked fresh from the kitchen, using as much from their organic vegetable gardens as possible. All food is nutritionally balanced and well thought out to provide you with enough vital vitamins, minerals and energy to keep you tip-top throughout your stay. Yes we will have dessert but instead of using refined sugar our chef will create sweet delicacies using natural and nourishing alternatives such as coconut nectar or dates.
The 42 Acre Kitchen Philosophy:
– Firstly, always a relaxed, happy kitchen environment.
– Everything hand made.
– All oils cold-pressed and organic: celtic sea salt only; 100% sugar free kitchen.
– Chef’s own sauerkrauts, ferments and pickles.
– All organic ingredients except where absolutely not possible.
– Working with small sale artisan growers and producers.
“I had the best weekend. I feel so relaxed and peaceful (not my usual state!) – exactly what I had
hoped for and so much more. I felt like we were all on a weekend away with old friends.”
On this weekend our sessions will be especially designed to focus on releasing toxins and stored physical (and emotional) tension so you feel renewed and reenergised.
From the yoga postures sequencing, to the music playlist I put together, to the essential oils used for your ‘savasana’ head massage at the end of the session – I carefully chose all elements to provide you with a full sensory experience. You can read more about my teaching experience and style here
The yoga sessions are suitable for ALL LEVELS. So whether you are a super bendy yogi or would simply like to maybe touch your toes one day, Suzanne will make sure that each one of you benefits from the class 100% and steps out afterwards feeling amazing 🙂
Our sessions will take place in the beautiful Yurt and 42 Acres’ beautiful room below in front of an open fire – it really is quite magical.
Getting to 42 Acres couldn’t be easier as there are excellent road and rail links to the venue.
Click here for full driving directions and details of nearest train stations.
Start: Friday 23 March at 6pm (arrive anytime from 4.30pm to enjoy the surroundings)
Finishes: Sunday 25 March at 4pm
Your weekend yoga retreat includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- Nutritious, local and organic meals prepared by our personal chef
- Morning invigorating yoga sessions
- Evening restorative yoga sessions
- Bedtime guided meditations to relax and still your mind for a deep and restful sleep.
- Yoga Posture Workshop – learn the in depth anatomy of certain postures, their benefits and how to do them right!
- Release & Renew Circle – a powerful (optional) sharing group circle where we hold the space to listen to other’s stories and can share our own aka – get things off your chest!
- Essential Oils Workshop – an informal session (think cosy socks and herbal tea!) where you can sample and learn how to use the oils to enhance your detox.
- Nature walk
- Unlimited access to 42 Acres’ stunning grounds
- Care & support from our team and from the other women who come together with many shared experiences.
The prices below are per person. The rooms are all individually designed and all stunning (check out the accommodation images on the 42 Acres website here).
- Luxe three bed dorm with en-suite*: £349*
- Twin with shared bathroom**: £399
- Twin with en-suite: £429 SOLD OUT
- Deluxe master double en-suite: £499 (shared occupancy) or £648 (single occupancy) SOLD OUT
- Single occupancy of double room with shared bathroom**: £548 SOLD OUT
- Single occupancy of double room with en-suite: £578 SOLD OUT
*Note: Dorm room has partitions between the beds and is very spacious so you still have a private space (see images to get better understanding) so a good option for those who are coming solo and want something more economical than the single occupancy options.
** Note: Shared bathrooms are only with one other room.
Book your place today.
You deserve to be nurtured.
“The timing of the retreat was a perfect challenge. I don’t think I have ever been as stressed or in need of calm but in all honesty, I was sceptical that it could be achieved. The combination of physically challenging yoga, meditation, beautiful setting and openness of the group has been very special. I feel recharged, reconnected, calm and determined to use some of my learning to bring change to the challenges of ‘real life’. A fantastic weekend, which I am confident will have a huge impact. Thank you, thank you, thank you!” – Anon
“I’m very glad I came on this retreat. It was just the right mix of meditation, yoga and free time. Suzanne is very real and grounded and that mixed with her calm, capable competence as a yoga teacher is a great combination. I was particularly happy that the retreat worked well for yoga experts and for complete novices like myself. I’m going home feeling more centred and calm about what next. Thanks Suzanne.” – Tricia Evans, 59, Leadership Coach
“You are very talented at what you do. Bringing together a bunch of strangers and achieving the energy and relaxed atmosphere you did was brilliant. More of the same please.” – Jenny, 32
“A wonderful weekend of yoga, meditation, healthy food and relaxation in a beautiful setting with great company. I left feeling the opposite of how I arrived, relaxed and reinvigorated as opposed to stressed and exhausted! Suzanne is a fantastic yoga instructor, she makes all levels feel comfortable and provides excellent commentary on the benefits and purposes of the postures. Thanks Suzanne!” – Louise Shelford, Lawyer
“Suzanne is a soulful teacher bringing light, focussed energy that manifests as strong, powerful guidance and authentic practice.” – Susan Furness, 57, Corporate Communications
“A sublime weekend. It recharged body, mind and spirit.” – Shifa, 50, Teacher
“Absolutely awesome weekend. I would definitely recommend this weekend retreat to anyone, especially those who work in stressful environments. Suzanne is really very impressive and inspirational and makes people of all yoga abilities feel totally at ease.” – Lizzie, 32, Lawyer
“I love how thoughtful Suzanne is about ensuring everyone is comfortable, all voices are heard and, of course, super organised. She has a strong intuitive nature and has a lovely energy. I am grateful for all experiences with her!” – Rola, 31, Teacher